top of page

Third Party Billing

Minnesota Law (M.SS.125A.21) requires that school districts seek reimbursement from private and public health insurers for the cost of health-related services provided to students who receive special education services. If your child receives health-related services as part of their IEP, IFSP or IIIP, a member of your child's team may ask your permission to share information with your insurer and/or physician in order to bill for these services. Health-related services are developmental, corrective and supportive services that are required in order for a student to benefit from their program of specialized instruction. Health-related services include supports such as:

- Diagnosis, evaluation and assessment;

- Speech, physical and occupational therapies;

- Audiology;

- Paraprofessional/personal care assistant (PCA) services;

- Mental health services;

- Transportation; and

- Health services such as nursing.


Angie Kahle

Student Support Services Director

(952) 873-2402

bottom of page